Mother’s Day is right around the corner (it’s literally Sunday!!), and I am going to let you know what mom REALLY wants!
Moms do A LOT for their families every single day.
Who gets up with the sick babies? Mom.
Who is the relationship counselor for teenage daughters? Mom.
Who picks the kids up from school, takes them to practice, goes to buy the groceries, feeds the dogs, cooks (an amazing) dinner, and then scrubs the dishes clean? Mom.
Don’t get me wrong there are some rock star dad’s who do it all too but today is all about you MOM.
Here are a few things that cost nothing or very little, but mean so much that you could do for your mama this mothers day…
- Let mom sleep in – Yes!! I can hear all the mother’s shouting from the back – even if its an extra 15 mins… Dad’s take the kids outside, or watch videos with them to give mom a much-needed ME time!
- Bring her a cup of coffee…and let her drink it while it is hot. Don’t ask her to do a dang thing… just let her sit and drink her HOT coffee.
- Give her a clean house….no I don’t mean buy a new one – just pick up the one you got! I know life gets in the way and things get neglected, but a clean house is my love language. Take out the trash, do the dishes, do a load or 3 of laundry… its little jobs that can take a load off mom!
- Spend some quality family time together.. Do something your mom enjoys! We all tend to forget mom’s needs when we are trying to make it to the baseball game or/and to dance class. Life is busy, but take a moment to SLOW down and go on a walk with her and hold her hand. It’s the time spent together that she will remember. And you will remember that too when she is gone.
- Photos! You didn’t think I would let that one slip by, now did you? Professional photos are always a good choice (hint, hint), but those cell phone day to day real-life photos are important too. Most of the time, moms are the ones that are behind the camera and not in front of the camera. So be sure to snap a picture or two of her, you guys together… Honestly, you don’t even need a camera these days– you have one in your hand most of the time (your phone). Take a photo of her doing her favorite hobby, the breeze blowing through her hair, or simply in the moment with her kids.. She will thank you later and so will the kids! I wish I had more pictures with my mom. I really do… And if you are like ummm I just want to buy her a photography session, then I am your girl. Mention the code: Mothersday23 and I will send you a coupon to get a gift card of $125 value for only $100. You can purchase up to 3 of these!!! I mean this is an amazing gift for the mama’s in your life.
Remember – the best part about a photo is that even when the people in them change, the memory it contains never will.
Be the first to comment